The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- July 21-23 – Green Sports Alliance Summit – Wharton IGEL – University Partner
- September 24-26- New Metrics 2014 register with IGEL discount code!
- October 8 -Metrics that Matter, Messages that Motivate-Making the Right Case for Sustainability in Healthcare – Sponsored by Johnson & Johnson – Wharton San Francisco
- October 12 – 14 – PRSA International Conference – Register Now
- October 29 – The Business of Water in the 21st Century - Sponsored by GE
- IGEL Coordinator, Nathan Sell presents the benefits of Impact Investing in our latest blogpost!
- MES Alum, Aishwarya Nair discusses socially ethical supply chains in the Guardian
- International Paper announces sustainability progress: 2013 Sustainability Report
- Karissa Kruse, Sonoma County Winegrowers, featured in North Bay Business Journal Women in Business 2014
- While at Sustainable Brands ’14, IGEL got a copy of “The Big Pivot” by Andrew Winston. Check out our latest blog on this work that proves Sustainability = Business
- The Nature Conservancy launches crowdsourcing campaign to save Hawaiian forests with their Hawai’i Challenge
- Aishwarya Nair, Penn MES Alum, and member of IGEL’s alumni advisory committee recently published in The Guardian: Women and Girls are Dying for Lack of Toilets; Business can help
- Bank of America joins in the launch of the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance: New Initiative Seeks to Unlock Billions in Private Investment to Tackle Climate Change in Developing Countries
- IGEL partners Dow and The Nature Conservancy team up to fight pollution!
- Check out our latest blog by IGEL Coordinator, Nathan Sell
- Coronal Group and Panasonic Eco Solutions North America Team with HelioPower to Create Solar Water Funding Alliance
- Wharton IGEL featured in Healthcare Finance News: “Sustainability Tips for Hospitals”
- Sacramento Kings Announce Partnership with Green Sports Alliance
- Business Persons: A Legal Theory of the Firm by IGEL Faculty Director, Eric Orts – Noted in the Harvard Law Journal
- Check out IGEL blog posts on our recent conference on public-private partnerships and water
- Dow Breakthrough Water Technology Earns Bronze Edison Award Honor
- Shell supports U.S. Chamber of Commerce symposium on sustainability: Shell Shares Ideas on Putting Sustainability to Work for Businesses
- BASF and the Seattle Mariners Team Up for Third Season of Sustainable Saturdays
- Wanted, Sustainable Palm Oil, Johnson & Johnson launch Responsible Palm Oil Sourcing Criteria
- Air Products Again Named to CR Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens List
- The Latest Knowledge@Wharton Report: Integrating Environmental and Human Health
On Our Radar:
- Andrea’s Garden Cooking: Adventures in Cooking from the Garden
- GE attends Singapore International Water Week 2014 to showcase technologies and services: GE Highlights How It is Solving the Water Challenges of Today and Tomorrow
- Forty-Two Cassidy Turley-Managed Properties Cross the Finish Line in EPA’s ENERGY STAR® National Building Competition
- Thanks Ethan for sharing this link: Heating up the Earth with Global Warming and How to Stop It!
- New in Wharton Magazine! Plastic Pollution Solutions by Douglas Woodbring WG ’95
- ‘End-to-end visibility’: Reinventing how companies root out worker abuse