The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- September 24-26- New Metrics 2014 register with IGEL discount code!
- September 30 – Penn Institute for Urban Research Panel on Sustainable, Equitable, Urban Food Systems
- October 8 -Metrics that Matter, Messages that Motivate-Making the Right Case for Sustainability in Healthcare – Sponsored by Johnson & Johnson – Wharton San Francisco
- October 7-9 – RTM Communications Inc. Conference on Sustainable Property Transactions: Closing Deals and Capturing Market Opportunities
- October 12 – 14 – PRSA International Conference – Register Now
- October 29 - Resource Revolution: The Energy/Water Nexus in Oil & Gas – Sponsored by GE
- November 11-12 – Pira Packaging Summit 2014 – London, UK
- Senior IGEL Fellow Mark Alan Hughes to serve as faculty director of the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at Penn Design
- GE publishes report on Best Practices in Unconventional Natural Gas Development by Wharton alum, Jon Freedman
- CHEP wins 2014 Australian Packaging Covenant High Performer Award
- Professor Sarah Light featured in Knowledge@Wharton about the military’s role in environmental stewardship
- Bank of America Corporate releases Social Responsibility Report
- EPA names Cassidy Turley 2014 Energy Star Partner of the year
- BASF inaugurates its largest European production plant for mobile emissions catalysts in Środa Śląska, Poland
- IBM and Dow Collaboration Delivers Sustainable Solutions in Ethiopia While Building Employee Leadership Skills
- Green Sports Alliance honored NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman
- IGEL Coordinator, Nathan Sell presents the benefits of Impact Investing in our latest blogpost!
- International Paper announces sustainability progress: 2013 Sustainability Report
- Karissa Kruse, Sonoma County Winegrowers, featured in North Bay Business Journal Women in Business 2014
- The Nature Conservancy launches crowdsourcing campaign to save Hawaiian forests with their Hawai’i Challenge
- Bank of America joins in the launch of the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance: New Initiative Seeks to Unlock Billions in Private Investment to Tackle Climate Change in Developing Countries
- Sacramento Kings Announce Partnership with Green Sports AllianceA
- Need help with Studying – check out the Success in School Study Guide by Susan Andres and Felicity Pine