The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- May 22: Greening the World Through Sports
- May 24-25 – Wharton Global Forum Tokyo
- June 3-6 – Sustainable Brands 2013
- June 18-19 – Sustainability Luxury Forum
- September 20 – Leadership in Greening the Sports Industry Conference
- November 13 – Careers in Sustainability Speed Networking
- Wharton IGEL is at the Gloabl Alumni Forum in Tokyo! All updates
- NEW on the Wharton IGEL Blog:
- Energy Efficiency: Still Wasting in the Building, by Silvia Schmid
- Ethanol Cook Stoves and Fuel for Haiti at the United Nations, by Ruchi Shah
- Boosting Household Investments in Energy Efficiency, by Doug Miller & Colleagues
- Can You Leverage a Social Enterprise in the Era of Crowdfunding? by Ron Ben-Zeev
- Penn Enactus Launches Recycling Initiative for Veterans, by Penn Enactus
- Supply Chain Compliance: Addressing the Elephant in the Room, by Derek Newberry
- Check out the pictures from our 2013 IGEL Conference!
- Join us in celebrating Earth Day with FMC!
- New article from our 2013 IGEL Conference: Serving the Public for Sustainability, by Matthew Brodsky
- What’s ahead for Urban Mobility? Check out the new K@W & IGEL Report and video.
- Are you a student looking for internships for the summer/fall? Check out the Sierra Student Coalition Internship Program.
- Two job opportunities with GE: # 1702139 – Executive – State Government Affairs & Policy, # 1701640 - US Government Affairs Fellow. Candidates can apply on-line here.
- In preparation for our 2013 IGEL Conference, check out this article: Water Scarcity ‘Must Be Addressed Urgently’ To Avoid Food Shortages, Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke Says, on the Huffington Post.
- Listen to the Bank of America sponsored IGEL panel discussion at the 2012 Global Alumni Forum in Jakarta
- Postdoctoral Research Positions in Risk Management, Decision Making and Insurance (Academic Year 2013-2014)
- EPA Awards United Water for Outstanding Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plan
- Interested in helping out with the Ocean Recovery Alliance while in school? Contact us
- In Memory of Fred Scatena: IGEL commemorates Professor Fred Scatena, friend and mentor