The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read current news about IGEL’s Corporate Sponsors:
- Read latest IGEL Blog post: Reflections on Resiliency by 11th Annual Conference Panelist Christopher Rohner
- Register for Fall Sustainability Courses: The Future of Water – Syllabus ENVS 673
- Listen to Energy Policy Now’s latest podcast about An EPA After Scott Pruitt
- Visit IGEL’s 2018 11th Annual Conference Page – The End of the World as We Know It? The Consequences of Extreme Climatic Disruption for Business and Democracy
- Read the 2017 Goldman Sachs Environmental, Social and Governance Report here
- Learn how Delta worked to offset carbon emissions on Earth Day
- Congratulations to Chipper Pet for winning iDesign competition!
- Read blog written by Lisa Manley about how companies and communities can thrive in a changing world
See more in the IGEL News section.
- June 4 – 7 – Sustainable Brands – Vancouver – Register with Special Offer for 20% Discount – Using Code: JOINUS
- September 12 – 14 – Global Climate Action Summit 2018 – Register Today
- September 18 – Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch Seminar Featuring Maureen Anastasi of CBRE
- October 3 – IGEL Presents Lunch Seminar Featuring Steve Tochilin of Delta Airlines
- October 29 – 31 – Sustainable Brands New Metrics – Philadelphia
- October 30 – 31 – Sustainability in Packaging Europe 2018 – Register Today
- November 7 – Corporate Advisory Board Meeting – Lunch – University Club
- November 7 – Careers in Sustainability Panel – Afternoon Tea
- November 28 – 29 – Companies vs. Climate Change: The B2B Climate Solutions Event – Register Today
- December 6 – Sips & Sustainability Networking Event
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.