The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Harvard Business School Features IGEL partner Rubicon Global in Business Case Study
- IGEL with Senator Evan Bayh event covered in E&E Publishing’s ClimateWire: Lawmaker-turned-advocate sees role for nuclear in climate goals
- Johnson & Johnson is making a difference by Putting the Credo First: Helping African Communities Build a Sustainable Future
- Listen to IGEL Faculty Director Eric Orts on a recent Knowledge@Wharton podcast discussing the implications of the Federal Coal Program Review
- How investment legend KKR champions environmental innovation
- GE featured in the Financial Times – GE shows resilience amid energy industry crisis
- The 12th Annual Global Solutions Lab to be held in New York, NY and in Philadelphia, PA on June 19-27, 2016
- The City of Philadelphia Energy Office is hiring for both an Energy Project Coordinator position and a work-study position; to check out the latter, log on to Penn’s work-study site and use keyword “Energy Analysis”
- Listen to IGEL’s Eric Orts’ December interview with Ira Mellman on Voice of America
- Marine Corps release RFI for E2C 2016 to identify energy and water technologies that enable small unit distributed operations
- Read a summary of IGEL’s Sustainability in Healthcare conference, hosted by Johnson & Johnson, on the IGEL blog
- Wharton IGEL Faculty Director Eric Orts and Senior IGEL Fellow Sanjay Patnaik speak about the gains made during the Paris climate change summit for the Knowledge@Wharton show on Wharton Business Radio (SiriusXM channel 111)
- New courses in energy policy for Spring 2016 announced by the Kleinman Center
- Blog about Paris climate talks by IGEL Faculty Director Eric Orts featured on LinkedIn Pulse
- Wharton Professor Sarah Light’s blog post for RegBlog about climate change and national security is now available
- February 23-25 – GreenBiz Conference – Register Today
- March 23 – Wharton IGEL & Rubicon Global Lunch Seminar Series – Featuring Felix Faulhauber, VP Data Analytics – Register Today
- March 31 – Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch – Greening the Sports Industry by Aramark – Register Today
- March 31 – LEED Green Associate (GA) Training offered on Penn’s campus – Register Here
- April 6 – Wharton IGEL Lunch Seminar Series – An inside view of the Paris climate conference: Implications for Business Featuring Senior IGEL Fellow Sanjay Patnaik – Register Today
- April 27, 2016 – Wharton IGEL’s 9th Annual Conference – The Circular Economy: From Concept to a Business Reality – Register Today
- April 27-28, 2016 – 5th Annual Plasticity Forum Shanghai, China – 2016 Innovation in Plastic, Design, Recycling and Solutions – Register Here
- May 16-17, 2016 – The Circular Economy: Unleashing New Business Value, hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation – Register Here
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, Wharton School Legal Studies and Business Ethics Department, Chief Marketing Officer, Syncsort Inc.
IGEL Senior Fellow, Gary Survis has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.