The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read current news about IGEL’s Corporate Sponsors:
- The BIG Pitch Competition 2018 – Call for Sustainability Solutions, $10,000 Grand Prize!
- Learn more about Penn’s new Healthcare Sustainability Group
- Water-related student research opportunities for Fall 2018 working with EPA Associate Director, Lori Reynolds and VP of the Global Water Alliance, Stan Laskowski. Email Mr. Laskowski for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Nations Academic Impact and MCN proudly present the Millennium Fellowship. This program convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for UN goals.
- The Wharton Legal Studies Department, Wharton IGEL, and the Zicklin Center for Business Ethics received top ranking from Penn for sustainable best practices with a Green Office Certification.
- Register for Fall Sustainability Courses: The Future of Water – Syllabus ENVS 673
- Listen to Energy Policy Now’s latest podcast about An EPA After Scott Pruitt
- Visit IGEL’s 2018 11th Annual Conference Page – The End of the World as We Know It? The Consequences of Extreme Climatic Disruption for Business and Democracy
- Congratulations to Chipper Pet for winning iDesign competition!
- Read latest IGEL blog posts:
- “TheSustainabilityMarketPlace.org – An Executive Summary,” By Ratan Agarwal
- Lisa Manley’s blog about how companies and communities can thrive in a changing world
- Reflections on Resiliency by 11th Annual Conference Panelist Christopher Rohner
See more in the IGEL News section.
- August 17 – Solar Day for a Sustainable Philadelphia – Register Today
- August 26-31 – SIWI – World Water Week – Stockholm – Register Today
- September 12 – 14 – Global Climate Action Summit 2018 – Register Today
- September 13 – Strategies to Adapt to Climate Change: Circular Economy and Water Resources Recovery – More Information
- September 19 – Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch Seminar Featuring Maureen Anastasi of CBRE – Register Today
- October 3 – IGEL Presents Lunch Seminar Featuring Steve Tochilin of Delta Airlines – Register Today
- October 29 – 31 – Sustainable Brands New Metrics – Philadelphia
- October 30 – 31 – Sustainability in Packaging Europe 2018 – Register Today
- November 7 – Corporate Advisory Board Meeting – Lunch – University Club
- November 7 – Careers in Sustainability Panel – Afternoon Tea – Register Today
- November 28 – 29 – Companies vs. Climate Change: The B2B Climate Solutions Event – Register Today
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.