The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- EPA hiring event for women interested in entry level positions (GS-7 and GS-9) coming soon in Philadelphia! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Check out the latest Wharton IGEL blogpost: Buy the Change you want to see: Seven Easy Hacks for a Greener Office by Jane Mosbacher Morris
- Follow the Zurich Enterprise Challenge 2019 and learn more about the competition here.
- Read the latest blog post on Wharton IGEL by Alexander Bervik & Joyce Lee: Waterfront Revitalization- A Canadian Experiment in Toronto
- Sustainability, STEM, and the International Day of Women and Girls in Science- An article by Faculty Advisory Board Member Michael Ferrari
- Ambienta, Europe’s largest sustainability-focused investment firm wins Private Equity International Firm of the Year
- Penn Professor Steven Finn and Wharton IGEL Faculty Advisory Board Member is Featured in CAST – The Science Source for Food, Agricultural and Environmental Issues
- New book release: Buy the Change you Want to See: Use your Purchasing Power to Make the World a Better Place by Jane Mosbacher Morris. Check it out here.
- Read latest Knowledge@Wharton special report “A Revolution in the Making: The Quest for Net Positive Supply Chains” sponsored by CHEP
- Can a Carbon Tax Help Curb Climate Change? Read more here
See more in the IGEL News section.
- March 21 – Solving US and Global Water Inequities: Sharing Solutions from Around the World – Register Today
- April 3- Wharton IGEL Lunch Series: Block Chain & Sustainability Featuring Steven Haft and Mason Nystrom of ConsenSys- Register Today.
- April 10- Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch Seminar Featuring Lisa Conway of Interface- Register Today
- April 17- Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Seminar Series Featuring Mirei Endara de Heras, Former Panamanian Minster of Environment- Register Today.
- April 24- Wharton IGEL Lunch Seminar: Impact Investing in Sustainable Infrastructure Featuring Aaron T. Ratner of Ultra Capital- Register Today
- June 3-9- Sustainable Brands ‘19 Detroit- Register today using the code “WhartonIGEL” to save 20% on your conference pass!
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.