The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read current news about IGEL’s Corporate Sponsors & Advisory Board Members:
- Rubicon Global Teams Up With Wharton IGEL and Goodr To Launch Inaugural Waste Fit Champions Awards
- When disaster strikes, Delta partners with American Red Cross; How to donate to Florence relief effort
- CAMPBELL NAMED TO THE DOW JONES SUSTAINABILITY INDICES FOR 10TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
- News of the North Bay – Sonoma Winegrowers
- Apply for the following job openings:
- Fall 2018 Rubicon Global & Wharton IGEL Research Project: The Social, Economic and Environmental Impacts of Franchised Markets on Waste Management Practices – Building a Business Case for Municipalities
- Check out the full program for the upcoming Sustainable Brands New Metrics Conference
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) – Student Essay Competition: The Future of Responsible Investment and Modern Portfolio Theory
- The BIG Pitch Competition 2018 – Call for Sustainability Solutions, $10,000 Grand Prize!
- Water-related student research opportunities for Fall 2018 working with EPA Associate Director, Lori Reynolds and VP of the Global Water Alliance, Stan Laskowski. Email Mr. Laskowski for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit IGEL’s 2018 11th Annual Conference Page – The End of the World as We Know It? The Consequences of Extreme Climatic Disruption for Business and Democracy
- Read Latest Wharton IGEL Blog Posts:
See more in the IGEL News section.
- September 19 – Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch Seminar Featuring Maureen Anastasi of CBRE – Register Today
- September 28 – The Adaptation Blueprint – Register Today
- October 3 – IGEL Presents Lunch Seminar Featuring Steve Tochilin of Delta Air Lines – Register Today
- October 10 – Resiliency to Preserve Art and Culture: How Museums are Preparing for Climate Risk – Register Today
- October 17 – The Wharton Green Tracker: Tracking Student Engagement in Socially Responsible Activities – Register Today
- October 26 – Wharton Energy Conference – Register Today
- October 29 – 31 – Sustainable Brands New Metrics – Philadelphia – Register Today using code WHARTONIGEL for 20% discount
- October 30 – 31 – Sustainability in Packaging Europe 2018 – Register Today
- November 7 – Corporate Advisory Board Meeting – Lunch – University Club
- November 7 – Careers in Sustainability Panel – Afternoon Tea – Register Today
- November 28 – 29 – Companies vs. Climate Change: The B2B Climate Solutions Event – Register Today
- February 27 – The Resource Revolution of Water Reuse – Register Today
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.