The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Listen to Dan Buettner discuss his new book: What Can We Learn from the World’s Happiest People?
- Business Schools Start Preparing Graduates for a World of Climate Risks...read more
- Wharton IGEL – Media Partner for SB Vancouver – Special Discount for Wharton IGEL Community – use code JOINUS
- GreenBiz: In Search of the Next Generation of Sustainability Leaders
- Listen to Energy Policy Now’s latest podcast about The Promise and Peril of Self-Driving Trucks
- The Cleantech Open 2018 application deadline is May 1. Apply HERE.
- Read latest Knowledge@Wharton report, Smart City Pioneers: Forging Solutions to Early Challenges, a collaboration between SUEZ and Wharton IGEL
- Listen to recent Knowledge@Wharton interview with IGEL’s Director, Eric Orts, on electric cars
- Apply Today for Annie’s Summer 2018 Sustainability Internship Here
- Check out RUBICONMethod, Rubicon Global’s new universal tool that provides best practices for running a successful recycling and waste reduction program.
- Listen to latest SiriusXM Business Radio’s segment with IGEL’s Eric Orts on business ethics and gun regulation (Credit to SiriusXM Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School)
See more in the IGEL News section.
- March 23 – 24 – Climate CAP Summit, Durham, NC – Register Today
- March 28 – Wharton IGEL Presents Dave Stangis, CSO The Campbell Soup Company – Register Today
- April 5 – GWA 11th Annual Conference: Ground Water, the Hidden and Disappearing Resource: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa – Register Today
- April 18, 2018 – 11th Annual Wharton IGEL Conference – Register Today
- June 4 – 7 – Sustainable Brands – Vancouver – Register with Special Offer for 20% Discount – Using Code: JOINUS
- May 9 – 10 – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Sustainability and Circular Economy Summit – Register Today
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.