The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read more about the 2019 President’s Engagement and Innovation Prize Winners. Two recipients pitched companies concerning sustainability: Malika Shukurova, EAS’19, and Katherine Sizov, C’19, for Strella Biotechnology & Michael Wong, W’19, for InstaHub.
- How Big Business is Hedging Against the Apocalypse– New York Times
- Check out the latest IGEL blog post: Implementing UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Are we DOING enough? By Nitesh Dullabh
- The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council Summit will be held in Portland May 20- May 22. Learn more and register here.
- Listen to the latest episode of Bay Area Ventures by Wharton Business Radio featuring Aaron Ratner of Ultra Capital.
- Internship opportunity with the Energy Co-Op. Find out more here.
- Check out the latest IGEL blog: Sustainability: What sports have to do with it? by Navi Ferrari
- Want to learn about deforestation and sustainability in Brazil? Check out this Applied Sustainability Entrepreneurship Summer in Brazil
- Do you have a business idea for how to repurpose NYC’s recyclable waste and locally manufacture a product to sell in the NYC market? Enter the NYC Curb-To-Market Challenge to compete for the chance to win a $500,000 prize
See more in the IGEL News section.
- April 24- Wharton IGEL Lunch Seminar: Investing in Sustainable Infrastructure Featuring Aaron T. Ratner of Ultra Capital- Register Today
- May 20-22- The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council Summit- Register here and contact IGEL for a discount code
- June 3-9- Sustainable Brands ‘19 Detroit- Register today using the code “WhartonIGEL” to save 20% on your conference pass!
- June 10-12- Responsible Business Summit Europe 2019 Hosted by the Ethical Corporation- Register now!
- June 19-20- Green Sports Alliance Summit- Register today using the code “IGEL” to save $75 on your pass! Check out volunteer opportunities for students!
- November 7- Wharton IGEL 12th Annual Conference: Setting the Goals for a Flourishing World. Check out the speaker list here. Register here.
- November 12-14- Sustainability in Packaging Europe. Use code: SPEU19WH for 10% off your registration. Register here!
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.