The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read current news about IGEL’s Corporate Sponsors & Advisory Board Members:
- Read latest Knowledge@Wharton special report “A Revolution in the Making: The Quest for Net Positive Supply Chains” sponsored by CHEP
- Read about how a Wharton undergrad is Tackling Energy Waste with his Social Enterprise
- Apply for new Associate position with the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Strategic Operations group
- How to Scale Up Investments in Nature
- Read IGEL’s latest blog posts: Sustainability Leadership by Mirei Endara de Heras, and Linear Parks & Real Estate Develpoment by Joyce S. Lee
- Sustainability Report completed for Estre Ambiental in Brazil by Corporate Advisory Member, Industrial Advisroy Services, LLC
- Register for the following Spring 2019 Courses:
- Fall 2018 Rubicon Global & Wharton IGEL Research Project: The Social, Economic and Environmental Impacts of Franchised Markets on Waste Management Practices – Building a Business Case for Municipalities
- Visit IGEL’s 2018 11th Annual Conference Page – The End of the World as We Know It? The Consequences of Extreme Climatic Disruption for Business and Democracy
Read Latest Wharton IGEL Blog Posts:
- ESG reporting for Real Estate
- Spring Pool Glass – Sustainability Through Recycling
- From Runway to Consumer: Socially Conscious Career Opportunities
- Museums and Resiliency – Safeguarding Value
- Sustainability at Delta
Exxon gives $1 Million to Campaign for a Carbon Tax
See more in the IGEL News section.
- February 6 – Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Seminar Series Featuring Jennifer Ballen of Drinkworks – Register Today
- February 20 – Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Leadership Seminar Series Featuring Jaqui Jenkins, WG’96, Executive Director, Fashion Institute of Technology – Register Today
- February 26 – 28 – GreenBiz 2019, Phoenix, AZ – Register Today using Promo Code GB19IGEL
- February 27 – The Resource Revolution of Water Reuse – Register Today
- March 20- Wharton IGEL Lunch Series Featuring Andreas Gruson of Industrial Advisory Services- Register Today
- March 21 – Solving US and Global Water Inequities: Sharing Solutions from Around the World – Register Today
- April 17- Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Seminar Series Featuring Mirei Endara de Heras, Former Panamanian Minster of Environment- Register Today.
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.