The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Listen to IGEL director, Eric Orts, speak about affordable clean energy on a SirusXM recording of Knowledge@Wharton.
Inslee for America is seeking a Climate Justice Director- read more about the opportunity here
- Read Ambienta’s recent newsletter: Industry 4.0 and environmental sustainability: good or bad news?
- Listen to IGEL director, Eric Orts, speak about corporate political responsibility on a SirusXM recording of Knowledge@Wharton.
- Climate Change & Business: What Every MBA Needs to know: learn more here.
- Knowledge@Wharton focuses on the intersection of sustainability and agriculture in their new post: Feeding the World Along the New Silk Road
- FMC just released their 2018 Sustainability Report: Cultivating Tomorrow
- Listen to Corporate Advisor Board Member, Karissa Kruse, speak on the latest SiriusXM recording of Knowledge@Wharton about Sonoma County Wine Growers
- Check out: Sustainability, Meet Luxury. Author & Alumni Advisory Board Member, Elena Rohner, outlines her experience traveling to eco-tourism sites.
- Wharton IGEL partner, Delta Airlines, receives corporate citizenship award
- Read about the history of the mola scarfs sold to raise awareness of ocean trash in the blog post by Mirei Endara de Heras
See more in the IGEL News section.
- June 19-20- Green Sports Alliance Summit- Register today using the code “IGEL” to save $75 on your pass! Check out volunteer opportunities for students!
- September 25-Women in Sustainability Leadership Seminar Series: Francesca Kennedy, Founder of I.X. Style
- October 2-Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Leadership Series: Maria Negrete-Gruson of Artisan Partners- Register here
- October 16- Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Leadership Series: Emily Landsburg of Ultra Capital – Register here
- November 7- Wharton IGEL 12th Annual Conference: Setting the Goals for a Flourishing World. Check out the speaker list here. Register here.
- November 12-14- Sustainability in Packaging Europe. Use code: SPEU19WH for 10% off your registration. Register here
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.