The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read the latest blogpost on Wharton IGEL by Jennifer Ballen of Drinkworks: BECOMING A CHANGE AGENT
- Wharton IGEL blog post: Sustainability, Sports and Social Responsibility by Navin Ferrari
- Sustainability, STEM, and the International Day of Women and Girls in Science- An article by Faculty Advisory Board Member Michael Ferrari
- Oil Refineries & Air Quality: Does Distance Matter? Research by Penn Grad Sarah Burns
- Penn Professor Steven Finn and Wharton IGEL Faculty Advisory Board Member is Featured in CAST – The Science Source for Food, Agricultural and Environmental Issues
- Eagles’ Chris Long named the 2018 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year. Read about his foundation that focuses on clean water here
- Spring Internship opportunity with the Energy Co-Op- More information here.
- New York Yankees Appoint the First Environmental Science Appointee Position in Professional Sports. Read more here.
- New book release: Buy the Change you Want to See: Use your Purchasing Power to Make the World a Better Place by Jane Mosbacher Morris. Check it out here.
- Register here for 2019 Sustainable Solutions inaugural Competition to Tackle the UN SDGs
- Read latest Knowledge@Wharton special report “A Revolution in the Making: The Quest for Net Positive Supply Chains” sponsored by CHEP
- Can a Carbon Tax Help Curb Climate Change? Read more here
- Jacobs Recognized for Technology Leadership in Digital Environment, Health and Safety Services- Read here
- Sustainability Report completed for Estre Ambiental in Brazil by Corporate Advisory Member, Industrial Advisory Services, LLC
See more in the IGEL News section.
- February 20 – Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Leadership Seminar Series Featuring Jaqui Jenkins, WG’96, Executive Director, Fashion Institute of Technology – Register Today
- February 26 – 28 – GreenBiz 2019, Phoenix, AZ – Register Today using Promo Code GB19IGEL
- February 27 – The Resource Revolution of Water Reuse – Register Today
- March 20- Wharton IGEL Lunch Series Featuring Andreas Gruson of Industrial Advisory Services- Register Today
- March 21 – Solving US and Global Water Inequities: Sharing Solutions from Around the World – Register Today
- April 3- Wharton IGEL Lunch Series: Block Chain & Sustainability Featuring Tyler Mulvihill of Viant and Mason Nystrom of ConsenSys- Register Today.
- April 10- Women in Sustainability Leadership Lunch Seminar Featuring Lisa Conway of Interface- Register Today
- April 17- Wharton IGEL Women in Sustainability Seminar Series Featuring Mirei Endara de Heras, Former Panamanian Minster of Environment- Register Today.
- April 24- Wharton IGEL Lunch Seminar: Impact Investing in Sustainable Infrastructure Featuring Aaron T. Ratner of Ultra Capital- Register Today
- June 3-9- Sustainable Brands ‘19 Detroit- Register today using the code “WhartonIGEL” to save 20% on your conference pass!
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.