The Wharton-led, Penn-wide Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL) promotes knowledge for business sustainability through world-class research, transformative teaching and constructive dialogue between top alumni, academic, corporate, government, and non-government organizations. IGEL is a hub for business and sustainability, connecting and leveraging academic capital at Penn to help business leaders of today and tomorrow to create more sustainable industries.
- Read current news about IGEL’s Corporate Sponsors & Advisory Board Members:
- Read latest Knowledge@Wharton special report “Confronting the Reality of Climate Change,” co-sponsored by Innovyze and WillisTowersWatson
- Sign up for the SPARK Innovation Competition Here!
- Register for the following Spring 2019 Courses:
- Fall 2018 Rubicon Global & Wharton IGEL Research Project: The Social, Economic and Environmental Impacts of Franchised Markets on Waste Management Practices – Building a Business Case for Municipalities
- Check out the full program for the upcoming Sustainable Brands New Metrics Conference
- Visit IGEL’s 2018 11th Annual Conference Page – The End of the World as We Know It? The Consequences of Extreme Climatic Disruption for Business and Democracy
Read Latest Wharton IGEL Blog Posts:
- From Runway to Consumer: Socially Conscious Career Opportunities
- Museums and Resiliency – Safeguarding Value
- Impact, Power & Profit
- Maureen Anastasi and Linda Foggie on CBRE and WELLness
- Sustainability at Delta
Exxon gives $1 Million to Campaign for a Carbon Tax
See more in the IGEL News section.
- October 26 – Wharton Energy Conference – Register Today
- October 26 – Student Engagement Conference & Expo – Event Details
- October 29 – 31 – Sustainable Brands New Metrics – Philadelphia – Register Today using code WHARTONIGEL for 20% discount
- October 30 – 31 – Sustainability in Packaging Europe 2018 – Register Today
- November 7 – Corporate Advisory Board Meeting – Lunch – University Club
- November 7 – Careers in Sustainability Panel – Afternoon Tea – Register Today
- November 14 – Wharton IGEL Sustainability & Entrepreneurial Leadership in the Pet Industry – Register Today
- November 28 – 29 – Companies vs. Climate Change: The B2B Climate Solutions Event – Register Today
- February 27 – The Resource Revolution of Water Reuse – Register Today
- March 21 – Solving US and Global Water Inequities: Sharing Solutions from Around the World
Eric W. Orts
Guardsmark Professor, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics and Management
IGEL’s Director, Eric W. Orts, speaking at IGEL’s 2015 conference, Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Gary Survis, IGEL Senior Fellow, has participated in multiple IGEL sponsored conferences and moderated several of IGEL’s Annual Conferences.