2013 IGEL Conference-Workshop
The Nexus of Energy, Food and Water
Conference-Workshop Objective: Provide an in-depth, informed and current overview about sustainability and the nexus between energy, food and water. Discussions highlighted strategies needed to evaluate water risk as it relates to the global economy and how this intersects with the shift in energy resources, food supply and security. The panels discussed best business models and tools needed for future research, potential policy impact and future potential business opportunities.
Conference Booklet: View the Conference Booklet for the agenda and the list of speakers and presentations.
Conference Photos: click here to view pictures from the 2013 IGEL Conference.
Knowledge@Wharton Special Report: The Nexus of Energy, Food and Water
Conference Presentations and Ideas: This Wharton IGEL Conference featured a wide range of speakers and presentations addressing sustainability at the nexus of energy, food and water. Take a look at the presentations below:
- The Big Ideas Today, Gary Survis, Practical Digital Marketing, The Wharton School
- The Stress Nexus, J. Ashley Nixon, Shell
- Sustainability and Food Waste, Bernard David
- The Water-Food-Energy Nexus, Andrew Winston
- Food Security at the Nexus: The Role of the Agricultural
- Industry, Mariola Kopcinski, FMC
- Building a Sustainable Sustainability Strategy, Dave Stangis, Campbell’s Soup
- Sustaining the supply chain, Cope Willis, pwc
- Sustainable Development: Moral Obligation or rightful role of business? Neil Hawkins, The Dow Chemical Company
- The Food-Water-Energy Nexus: A global Issue, by Caroline D’Angelo
- The relationship between Humans and the Environment, by Doug Miller
- International Food Security Assessment, 2012-20122, USDA
- Can Shell’s ‘stress nexus’ change the conversation about natural resources?, GreenBiz
- Water Scarcity ‘Must Be Addressed Urgently’ To Avoid Food Shortages, Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke Says, Huffington Post
- Survey: Risk of Drought in the United States, by Sharon Muli
- Water for Energy, by Iliana Sepulveda
Please use the hashtag #IGEL2013 for updates on the Conference-workshop.