A list of selected publications from our faculty advisory board. (Faculty, if you see a paper not listed here, please send it to environment (at) wharton.upenn.edu.)
Eric W. Orts, Wharton IGEL Faculty Director
- Business Persons: A Legal Theory of the Firm, presents a new legal theory of the firm, provides an overview of the nature and purpose of business firms, and contributes to current debates on the regulation of business firms.
- “Climate Contracts” published in the Virginia Environmental Law Review.
- “A Reflexive Model of Environmental Regulation” published in Business Ethics Quarterly.
- Eric Orts talking about climate change in China in the Engaging Minds series.
- “Collaborative Environmental Law: Pro and Con” Eric Orts and Faculty Advisory board member Cary Coglianese debate collaborative environmental policy-making.
Alan M. Barstow
- “Corporate Practices that Inhibit and Drive Innovation for Sustainability” with Steven F. Freeman, Steven M. Finn, and Frank Nuessle.
Cary Coglianese, Adam M. Finkel
- Does Regulation Kill Jobs? by Cary Coglianese, Adam M. Finkel, and Christopher Carrigan.
- Green Power: Perspectives on Sustainable Electricity Generation with Joao Neiva de Figueiredo.
- Global Turning Points: Understanding the Challenges for Business in the 21st Century, Mauro F. Guillén and Emilio Ontiveros provide an analytic perspective on the problems and opportunities facing business in the modern world.
- “Political Ideology Affects Energy Efficiency Attitudes and Choices” with Dena M. Gromet and Richard P. Larrick
- “Facilitating and Aiding Human Decisions to Adapt to or Mitigate the Impacts of Climate Change” with Elke U. Weber.
Howard Kunreuther, Erwann Michel-Kerjan
- “Paying for Future Catastrophes” published in The New York Times Sunday Review.
- Eric Biber, Sarah E. Light, J. B. Ruhl, James Salzman (2017), Regulating Business Innovation as Policy Disruption: From the Model T to Airbnb (Forthcoming 2017-2018), Vanderbilt Law Review, 70.
- Sarah E. Light (2017), Advisory Preemption (Forthcoming 2017-2018), Washington University Law Review, 95.
- Sarah E. Light and Eric W. Orts (2017), “Public and Private Procurement in Environmental Governance (Forthcoming)”. In Policy Instruments in Environmental Law, edited by Ken Richards & Josephine Van Zeben.
- Sarah E. Light (2017), The Military-Environmental Complex as Environmental Law without Courts, J. Land Use & Envtl. L.
- Sarah E. Light, Foreword: Regulating Toxic Chemicals through Precautionary Federalism, Penn Undergraduate L.J. (forthcoming 2016)
- Sarah E. Light (Forthcoming), Wrongful Benefit & Arctic Drilling (with Nicolas Cornell), 50 U.C. Davis L. Rev. (forthcoming 2017).
- Sarah E. Light (Forthcoming), Precautionary Federalism and the Sharing Economy, 66 Emory Law Journal (forthcoming 2016).
- Sarah E. Light, Michael Vandenbergh, “Private Environmental Governance”. In Environmental Decision Making, Encyclopedia of Environmental Law, edited by Lee Paddock, Nicholas Bryner, Robert Glicksman, (2015).
- Sarah E. Light (2015), The Military-Environmental Complex (abridged), Environmental Law & Policy Annual Review.
- Sarah E. Light, Eric W. Orts (2015), Parallels in Public and Private Environmental Governance, Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law, 5, 1.
- Sarah E. Light (2015), The New Insider Trading: Environmental Markets within the Firm , Stanford Environmental Law Journal, 34 (1), 3.
- Sarah E. Light (2014), The Military-Environmental Complex, B.C. L. Review, 55, 879.
- Sarah E. Light (2014), Valuing National Security: Climate Change, The Military, and Society, UCLA Law Review, 61, 1772.
- Sarah E. Light (2013), NEPA’s Footprint: Information Disclosure as a Quasi-Carbon Tax on Agencies, Tulane Law Review, 87, 511.
- Sarah E. Light (1999), Rejecting the Logic of Confinement: Care Relationships and the Mentally Disabled Under Tort Law, Yale Law Journal, 109, 381.
- Sarah E. Light (1999), The Human Rights Injunction: Equitable Remedies Under the Alien Tort Claims Act, TRANSNAT’L L. & CONTEMP. PROBS. , 9, 653.
- Advances in Water Desalination, Editor.
- “Investigation of an Ammonia-Water Based Power/Cooling Cogeneration System Using Sensible Waste Heat” by Liuli Sun, Wei Han, Na Zhang, Noam Lior, Hongguang Jin.
- “Sustainability Ethics and Metrics: Strategies for Damage Control and Prevention” in the Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management.
- “Mirrors in the Sky: Status, Sustainability, and some Supporting Materials Experiments” in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- “The Impact of Demand Uncertainty on Consumer Subsidies for Green Technology Adoption” by Maxime C. Cohen, Ruben Lobel, and Georgia Perakis.
- “Evaluating Flood Resilience Strategies for Coastal Megacities” by Jeroen C.J.H. Aerts, W.J. Botzen, kerry Emanuel, Ning Lin, Hans de Moel, and Erwann Michel-Kerjan in Science.
- “Determining Tropical Cyclone Inland Flooding Loss on a Large Scale Through a New Flood Peak Ratio-Based Methodology” with Jeffrey Czajkowski, Gabriele Villarini, and James A. Smith.
Arthur Van Benthem
- Arthur van Benthem, “Energy Leapfrogging,” Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- “Resources Extraction Contracts Under Threat of Expropriation: Theory and Evidence” with J.C. Stroebel, published in the Review of Economics and Statistics.
- “Scale and transfers in international emissions offset programs” with Suzi Kerr, published in the Journal of Public Economics.